Top 5 Points In Your Moving Checklist
Moving from one place to another can prove to be a real challenge. This is why it is imperative, as well as, necessary to make sure to have a working checklist on moving in place. Having a moving checklist that works does permit one to be spot-on from a details aspect, and also, to be organized ahead of the move date that will actually happen. When a person is organized ahead of his or her move, it will make the entire move less stressful overall, and will have the individual prepared for the move as opposed to unprepared.
The top 5 points in your moving checklist should be all about these. They are as follows:
1. Inform your landlord, if you are renting, that you intend on moving. This news should be delivered in a detailed letter or some form of signed document at least six to eight weeks before your intended move date. This will give the landlord ample time to take photos of your rented apartment or house to list the property. This listing will attract new tenants right away. This step is something that can be disregarded by homeowners. However, it is advised to have all of your paperwork together from the sale of your home, and to keep everything organized in one safe place before you actually vacate the home before the owners arrive after your move.
2. Decide if your move will be something DIY or hire help to do the move. This is something that should take place, as far ahead of the move, as is possible. A six to eight week time frame is perfect to lay down the foundation for a move and specific moving date in mind. If hiring help is the way to go for a move, a moving company should be reserved, and the earlier the better on this for any intended move to occur. Make sure to research various moving companies and establish a moving budget. Set an exact moving date with your moving company of choice.
3. DE clutter everything before actually packing up for the move. It is highly recommended to look through all things closely, which will become part of the move, and the best way to de-clutter before packing is very clear. Go through everything and get rid of anything that isn’t really wanted or needed anymore. This is something that will get rid of all of the unnecessary or unwanted things. These unnecessary or unwanted things can be old clothes, furniture, toys, or whatever else.
4. Assemble a nice number of moving supplies and have them ready. These moving supplies can be boxes, packing tape, and other items that will assist in making the move all the more easier when having to pack everything.
5. Informing all who need to be informed of your intended move should also be done here. This means getting in touch with employers, schools, doctors, groups, and whoever needs to be informed about your pending move.